News

Smoke detector alerts resident

A smoke alarm saved an Armstrong home from significant damage Monday morning.

The blaring alarm alerted a home owner in the 2400 block of Maundrell Avenue to a fire in his garage shortly after midnight.

One of the garbage cans in the garage caught on fire, and the owner was alerted to the smoke by the working smoke detector.

The owner was able to push the can out of the garage just prior to members of the Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department arriving on the scene.

Some linseed oil rags tossed in the can may have been a contributing factor to the fire.

There was no damage to the garage.

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Surgical waits average five months in B.C.
 
Panthers primed for Bulldogs
 
Girls Volleyball Provincials this week
Radon gas can seep into home, cause lung cancer
 
Big White set for Nov. 29 opening
 
Central Okanagan Foundation to distribute unprecedented $2 million in grants
Christmas at the Gallery
 
School District 8 implements anti-violence protocols
 
Nelson Chamber’s CP station renovation receives more funding

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Nov 26 edition online now. Browse the archives.