Woman escapes motorhome fire
A BX resident narrowly escaped a fire a motorhome Sunday evening.
Firefighters were called to a Tillicum Road home shortly after 6 p.m. Sunday, where upon arrival, they witnessed flames roaring from an approximately 25 foot motorhome.
“A woman was inside working on it and noticed something behind her,” said BX-Swan Lake Fire Rescue chief Bill Wacey. “She looked up in the overhead bunk and there was a large amount of flames.
“She got out just in time.”
The fire spread to a row of cedar hedges, but crews stopped the blaze from causing any further damage.
“Probably seven or eight trees went up, along with the trailer,” said Wacey.
While he could not confirm that it was the cause of the fire, Wacey said there was a heater in the overhead bunk at the time of the blaze.
The motorhome was approximately five to 10 years old and Wacey estimates the damage to be in the range of $35,000 to $40,000.
The incident is now being investigated by ICBC.