News

Fire sparked in Huber's Furniture

Employees at Huber's Furniture are back at work after a fire was sparked in the warehouse Monday.

Firefighters were called to the cabinetry warehouse near Swan Lake just before 3 p.m. Monday, after a fire was sparked from a compressor.

The sprinkler system was activated and all employees got out uninjured.

BX-Swan Lake crews, with the help of Armstrong-Spallumcheen, managed to isolate the damage to one corner of the building.

Extensive water damage, equipment damage and some smoke damage occured.

See Wednesday's issue of The Morning Star for more details.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Community Events, April 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Apr 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.