Fire damages home
There’s significant smoke damage in a Vernon home after a weekend fire.
Firefighters were called to the 4600 block of 45th Avenue Saturday.
“It appears there may have been a pot left on the stove unattended. It caught on fire and ignited the cupboards,” said Jack Blair, deputy fire chief.
Firefighters were able to knock the blaze down quickly and contain it to the kitchen.
However, there was substantial smoke damage throughout the remainder of the residence.
“One of the occupants sustained some smoke inhalation and was sent to hospital for observation,” said Blair.
The residents were unable to return home because of the smoke.
Insurance adjusters have been on scene.