- 2015 Federal Election
Flood preparedness urged
With the warmer temperatures and some rain in the forecast, some North Okanagan residents may experience flooding as a result of rapid snow pack melt.
Residents should undertake measures to protect their property and reduce the risk of flooding, if they have not already done so.
Sandbags are available in the following locations:
Armstrong – sand and sand bags located in the lot next to the Public Works yards 2950 Patterson Ave. For after hours, call 250-546-3023
Coldstream – sand and sand bags located at two locations:
- Kalamalka Road, across from Postill Drive
- Lavington area – School Road across from Jeffers Park
For after hours, call 250-545-5304
Spallumcheen – Sand and sand bags located outside gate of Public Works yards located at 1511 Eagle Rock Rd. For after hours, call 250-546-3013
Vernon – Sand and sandbags located at two locations:
- Vernon City Yards – outside main gate on Pleasant Valley Road
- Corner of Okanagan Ave. and Okanagan Landing Rd.
For after hours, call 250-542-5361
Sand bags available at two locations:
- Work hours – City Yards 1900 48th Ave.
- After hours – Vernon Fire Hall 3401 30th St.
If you require sand/or sandbags in the following areas, please call:
Enderby – 250-838-7230 (public works)
RDNO – 250-550-3700 24/7
Lumby – 250-547-2160 (public works)