- BC Games
Enderby barn blaze prompts warning
Enderby residents are being warned about spring burning after a barn went up in flames.
Firefighters responded to a barn fire in the 200 block of Brash Allen Road Monday at about 4 p.m.
“It was fully involved when we got there,” said Kevin Alstad, fire chief.
The incident occurred when the property owner was burning grass and the fire got out of control and converged on the barn, which was about 40 feet long and 15 feet wide.
“The barn was full of hay and away she went,” said Alstad of the blaze.
A neighbour used a loader to break up the hay so the firefighters could access the fire and bring it under control.
The Enderby Fire Department has dealt with a few grass fires in recent days.
“It’s getting pretty dry out there. Make sure you have water, rakes and some help if you’re going to do any burning,” said Alstad.