News

Paper shredding sparks alarm

Shredding paper had the alarm bells ringing.

Vernon firefighters responded to reports of a fire in the 100 block of Sarsons Road Tuesday at 4:18 p.m.

“The home’s occupant had been shredding some paper and while doing so, their shredder overheated and caught some of the shreddings on fire,” said Jack Blair, deputy fire chief.

When the fire department, arrived there was heavy smoke in the room of the home.

“The fire fighters removed the debris as it was still smoldering and they did a final extinguishment and ventilated the home for the owner.”

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Serial robbery suspect strikes B.C. again
 
Police seek help in series of robberies
 
Corner Gas star brings stand-up act to Vernon
Police actively searching for break and enter, car theft suspect
 
Castlegar RCMP welcome assistance in finding Russell David Sapriken
 
RCMP arrest three suspects
Canadian classic comes to the Kootenays
 
Freeski athletes shred RED
 
Prince Rupert RCMP and emergency personnel march in honour of Const. David Wynn

Community Events, January 2015

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Jan 28 edition online now. Browse the archives.