Water restrictions evolve in Greater Vernon
Changes have been made to water restrictions in Greater Vernon.
The new normal restriction stage is in effect year-round, replacing the previous stage one.
Under normal conditions, customers may water on:
• Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday if their property has an odd address number
• Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday if their property has an even address number
• Automatic timer irrigation may operate between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m.
• Manual sprinklers (moved by hand) may be used between the hours of 6 and 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. and midnight.
• Drip irrigation may operate anytime
• Customers using a watering can or hose with spring-loaded nozzle may water anytime
There is no domestic/commercial outdoor watering on Mondays and no domestic/commercial outdoor watering between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
“The new three day options for watering should help make it easier for customers to remember which day to bring out their sprinklers,” said Jennifer Miles, Regional District of North Okanagan water sustainability co-ordinator.
"We hope the new restrictions are seen as a helpful tool for planning and maintaining water efficient lawns and gardens."
See more in Wednesday's Morning Star.