News

Cause of Coldstream Lumber fire uncovered

The cause of a major fire that broke out at Coldstream Lumber Tuesday has been uncovered.

Investigations into the fire revealed that there was a catastrophic failure of fuse boxes which led to electrical arcing.

“We’ve had it confirmed through lab tests,” said Coldstream Fire Chief Shane Code.

Now that the investigation has wrapped up, the mill is just waiting for BC Hydro to replace the transformer which blew and get power back into the site.

Some employees have already been back since the fire, cleaning up the mess.

The blaze, which broke out Tuesday morning, completely destroyed the two kilns and melted the front of the planer shed. Damage is estimated at "hundreds of thousands of dollars," said Code.

For further details see the full story in Friday's edition of The Morning Star or check back online.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Doctors prescribe additional hospital beds
 
Liberal leader wows the crowd
 
Bourque to serve at least 75 years in prison
James Elliott running for city council
 
Thriller flash mob
 
Archaeological open house July 13 at Lemon Creek Pithouse Village
Purple hats for purple crying
 
Frozen beef burgers recalled for possible E. coli contamination
 
Telethon dials up support for kids

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 31 edition online now. Browse the archives.