Haven’t figured out what you’re going to do to celebrate the entry of 2016? Let us help you with some fun events happening around the North Okanagan:
• The Armstrong Blue Hotel is hosting a New Year’s Eve Bash with live entertainment, food, rooms. Call the hotel for more info at 250-542-6642.
• Rock out on NYE to The Young’uns at The Green in the Village Green Hotel (4801 27th St. 542-3321.) Includes a balloon drop at midnight, glass of champagne, party favours and snack table. Tickets are $30 each. Special room rates available. Tickets in the pub (cash only) and the hotel front desk (credit card needed for room bookings).
• Dig out that tux and gown and enjoy a martini, shaken not stirred, at the 007 James Bond New Year’s Eve party featuring live music by The Legendary Lake Monsters. The fun happens at the Vernon Atrium Hotel and Conference Centre (former Best Western Vernon Lodge). Features the Casino Royale, photo booth, appetizers, dinner and desserts, martini bar, craft beers, special room rates, and much more. Tickets are $65 (reservations accepted for tables of eight and rooms) at the hotel. Call 250-545-3385.
• It’s a happening New Year’s Eve with blues maestro Poppa Dawg and his band of blues hounds at Lorenzo’s Café, 901 Mabel Lake Rd. in Ashton Creek (8 km east of Enderby). Tickets are $50 and include music, appies, dinner, dessert, champagne at midnight, zeppelins and hats and noise makers. Plus, just like Times Square, the ball drops at midnight! Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Dinner starts about 7 p.m. and the music starts around 8:30. Reservations are recommended. Call 250-838-6700.
• Enjoy some eats and sounds from the Rock at A Newfoundland New Year’s Eve. This formal dinner and dance takes place at Okanagan College’s Kal View room, overlooking beautiful Kalamalka Lake. The evening will feature Newfoundland cocktails, a prime rib traditional Newfoundland Jiggs’ dinner and music from Vernon’s own East Coast infused band Cod Gone Wild. Also party favours, a candy buffet and champagne at midnight. Tickets for the dinner and dance are $85 each (only 150 available). Tickets for the dance only are $40 (only 40 available). Tickets are at the Ticket Seller, ticketseller.ca, 250-549-7469 Doors for dinner open at 6:30 p.m. and dance at 8:30 p.m.
• Have a happy New Year’s Eve at the Vernon Jazz Club (3000-31st St. above Nolan’s Pharmasave) with Moni Funk playing ’70s’ soul, funk, disco, and R&B. Tickets are $50 and include complimentary appetizers and a glass of Stoneboat bubbly at midnight. Doors open at 8:15 p.m. with music starting at 9 p.m. Tickets at www.vernonjazz.ca or the Bean Scene.