Each year, the Ogopogo Foundation and its supporters hold the Ogopogo Art Contest, where Okanagan children between the ages of one and 12 can submit their visions of the mythical sea serpent who lives in Okanagan Lake.
After evaluating more than 100 artworks submitted by local youth, the Ogopogo Art Contest jury have selected this year’s winners.
Together with a parent the winning artists joined the Ogopogo Foundation team for a boat trip and search for the Ogopogo in Okanagan Lake Sept. 12
This year’s artists in the one-to six age category included:
– Martina Matysiak (first place), Vernon
– Leilani Sears (second), Penticton
– Sienna Heddle (third), Oyama
– Wyatt Allingham (fourth), Oyama
– Grace Krausar (fifth), Oyama
– Danika Ann Buse (sixth), Oyama.
In the seven-to-12 age category were:
– Remy Combet (first place), Penticton
– Hannah Musgrave (second), Penticton
– Maia Matysiak (third), Vernon
– Madeline Carlson (fourth), Penticton
Elizabeth Pickles (fifth), Penticton
– Julia Matysiak (sixth), Vernon.