Choosing who to trust with growing and preserving your wealth can be a challenge.
Professionalism and experience are important, certainly, but so is finding an advisor you work well with and an investment process that works.
With a vision informed by a survey of their clients and the commitment to make it happen, Perepolkin established a philosophy of teamwork, professional designations, strict investment process, and guiding principles at the core of everything they do: Educate and inform; achieve client goals; communication excellence; disciplined process; fee/return transparency; keep it simple; and community focus.
- A competitive edge: A former professional curler, Perepolkin brings the intensity, drive and commitment of elite sport to wealth management. He points to the three pillars of their practice: Vision, commitment and lifestyle.
Retiring from sport to stay closer to home, “I still have all that competitive energy so were do I put it? Today I direct it at understanding my client’s vision, and committing together to help them achieve that and the lifestyle they want.”
- Innovation: In an industry where single advisors are common, Okanagan Wealth Advisors cast a fresh eye on the process to see how they might do things a little differently. The result is an approach grounded in teamwork, with four advisors and two talented support staff bringing unique areas of expertise. Perepolkin is joined by Sharmon Massey, a Licensed Assistant with 27 years in the Vernon office, Raj Dhillon, who brings superior skills in financial and wealth planning, Peter Wolgram, CPA, an Insurance Advisor with Hollis Insurance Agency, Ross Jewell, who specializes in research and data, and Sam Scott, executive assistant to Dhillon and Jewell.
“It comes down to confidence and peace of mind,” Perepolkin says. “If I see a new opportunity I’m excited about, I’ll take it to our team and we’ll all look at it together. We’ll assess it against our guiding principles and if it checks all the boxes, we’ll recommend it.”
- Experience and education: Together, Okanagan Wealth Advisors offers 109+ years of combined experience, complemented by professional designations. “Designations matter. We are educated at the highest levels of our industry and are constantly learning and growing our understanding of all things financial planning related,” Perepolkin says.
- Personal touch: Coming from the big bank experience, Dhillon is excited to work with clients on a more personal level. “They feel taken care of. Clients have told me, ‘The peace of mind you’ve given us by moving us here has changed our lives.’”
- Community connection: “We live in a small town and reputation matters,” says Perepolkin, born and raised in Vernon. “It’s our families’ names and integrity on the line. I want my kids to be proud of what we do.” With that in mind, Okanagan Wealth Advisors gives back where they love, supporting the curling club, sponsoring the new pickleball court and various other initiatives.
Trevor Perepolkin, CFP, CIM, FCSI, Senior Investment Advisor, HollisWealth, a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. and Insurance Advisor, Hollis Insurance Agency
Raj Dhillon, BA ECON, RFRA, Associate Investment Advisor, HollisWealth, a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc.
Ross Jewell, MBA, PFP, Investment Advisor, HollisWealth, a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. and Insurance Advisor, Hollis Insurance Agency
Peter Wolgram, CPA/CGA, Insurance Advisor, Hollis Insurance Agency
Sharmon Massey, Licensed Assistant, HollisWealth, a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc.
This information has been prepared by Trevor Perepolkin who is a Investment Advisor for HollisWealth. Opinions expressed in this article are those of the Investment Advisor only and do not necessarily reflect those of HollisWealth. HollisWealth is a division of Industrial Alliance Securities Inc., a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada. Insurance products provided through Hollis Insurance Agency.