file photo- Credit: Carli Berry/Capital News

Apartment fire in Kelowna caused by air conditioner

There were several items up against the air conditioner

All tennants and their animals are safe after an apartment fire that happened yesterday.

At 4:40p.m. May 5, the Kelowna Fire Department recieved several calls reporing a fire on the fourth story balcony of an apartment building at The Verve in Glenmore.

READ MORE: GoFundMe campaign to help family who lost home in fire

When crews arrived, platoon captain, Kelly Stephens said that there were heavy flames and smoke coming from the balcony.

Crews were able to extinguish the flames that they said were caused by items left up against an air conditioner.

To report a typo, email:
newstips@kelownacapnews.com
.


@KelownaCapNews
newstips@kelownacapnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Spallumcheen administrator earns provincial coaching gig

Doug Allin will be head coach for Team BC men’s softball team at 2021 Canada Games in Ontarior

No outdoor rink for old Vernon Civic Arena site

The idea of putting in a temporary outdoor rink on 37th Avenue for 2019-20 is cost prohibitive

Vernon teams harvest bronze medals

Vernon’s Atom A and C development hockey squads each finish at home tournament

Vernon Panthers shut down South Kamloops

Top-ranked Cats roll to 27-0 victory over Titans at Greater Vernon Athletics Park

Vernon Vipers win fifth straight

Matt Kowalski scores in overtime as Snakes stop Trail Smoke Eaters 3-2 at Kal Tire Place

Summerland council agrees to 30-year lease with steam railway

Tourist train has been operating as an attraction in Summerland since 1995

Speeding a concern on Summerland streets

Police observe fast motorists in town and on Highway 97

Greta Thunberg meets with First Nations chief in Fort McMurray

Thunberg has turned her protest against climate change into a global movement

Canucks hang on for 3-2 win over Rangers in New York

Vancouver scores three times in first period

More beef products recalled due to possible E. coli contamination

The food safety watchdog has been investigating possible E. coli 0157:H7

Roads contractor waits for snow removal equipment as winter looms

The newly-hired highway maintenance company serving the region is hitting some bumps… Continue reading

Most Read