Black Press file photo

Black Press file photo

Camper explodes near Princeton along Similkameen River

One man was sent to Princeton Hospital May 23 after a camper exploded beside the Similkameen River.

A father and son from Langley were camping on Crown land when a propane leak caused the blast, according to Princeton RCMP Sgt. Robert Hughes.

One man was hospitalized for burns, and the other was treated at the scene.

Hughes said the men turned on a stove to heat the trailer, and then smelled propane.

When they opened the cupboard below the stove to investigate, the gas was quickly released and reached the open flame.

The incident occurred near Sunday Summit shortly before midnight.

Related: Only British Columbians allowed to camp in provincial parks this summer amid COVID-19

Related:B.C. residents can now reserve a provincial campsite for a stay starting June 1

To report a typo, email:
publisher@similkameenspotlight.com
.



andrea.demeer@similkameenspotlight.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image