Chimney fire scares Okanagan homeowner

Fire crews respond and confirm it was a chimney fire

  • Mar. 5, 2019 8:40 p.m.

A West Kelowna homeowner was given a scare Tuesday evening when a chimney fire broke out.

Firefighters arrived at 881 McCartney Rd, about 7:30 p.m.

Cara Bizecki said, her family realized there was too much heat when the house began to fill with smoke.

“There weren’t flames, but it looked like fireworks were coming out of the chimney,” she explained.

Bizecki said she’s happy it wasn’t serious and fire crews arrived immediately after she called.


@LarynGilmour
laryn.gilmour@blackpress.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Free flights for kids return courtesy Vernon Flying Club

The COPA For Kids event July 13 at Vernon Airport introduces children and teens to aviation

Vernon senior feels trapped in long-term care facility

Rose-Marie Lepodvin says she wants assisted living, but feels trapped in long-term care

Coldstream Fire Department douses vehicle, grass fires

Vehicle catches fire in Cougar Canyon parking lot; two occupants get out safely

Our History In Pictures

Where the news was reported on in Vernon pre-20th century

Vernon smash-and-grab nets electric bike

Rock thrown through front door of Southward Medical Supplies, bike grabbed from near door

VIDEO: Acknowledging skeptics, finance minister vows to build Trans Mountain project

Bill Morneau said he recognizes ‘huge amount of anxiety’ in Calgary over future of oil and gas sector

Man surrenders following standoff in Kamloops

Massive police response in Kamloops was in connection with a reported domestic dispute

Penticton woman dies after Riva Ridge Mobile Park fire in May

BC Coroners Service says investigation in progress

B.C. man faces deportation over father’s honour-killing conviction

Father lied to immigration, was later acquitted of charges in Jassi Sidhu’s murder

RCMP allows officers to grow beards

Members can now wear beards and goatees, as long as they’re neatly groomed

Two Kelowna sites rezoned for pot shops

Cannabis retailers closer to reality for Lawrence Avenue, St. Paul Street

Girl, 10, poisoned by carbon monoxide at B.C. campsite could soon return home

Lucille Beaurain died and daughter Micaela Walton, 10, was rushed to B.C. Children’s Hospital on May 18

30 years later: B.C. woman uses sidewalk chalk to reclaim site of her sexual assault

Vancouver woman didn’t think her powerful story, written in chalk, would ignite such support

Most Read