Vernon Fire Rescue Services crews worked quickly to extinguish a fire in a piece of equipment at Venture Training Centre Thursday afternoon.
A call about the fire was received at 2 p.m.
“The fire was in a wood chipper and a hopper (piece of equipment that collects wood chips), the two were side-by-side,” said deputy fire chief Jack Blair.
Old Kamloops Road was blocked for a short period of time as that’s the side of the road the water supply is located on.
Nobody was injured in the blaze but there is expected to be significant fire damage to the equipment.
Investigators are still looking into the fire.