Armstrong-Spallumcheen firefighters couldn’t save someone’s home after a fire broke out Friday night.
A travel trailer on Matheson Street was already engulfed by flames after firefighters got the call around 11 p.m.
“There was nothing left of the trailer,” said chief Ian Cummings.
The trailer was parked on a residence on Matheson, which is on Splatsin First Nation land, and was being lived in. But the occupant was not home at the time of the blaze.
While they could not save the trailer, firefighters did keep flames from spreading to several nearby structures and vehicles, including the primary home and another trailer on the property.