Dog dies in Kamloops RV fire

Dog dies in Kamloops RV fire

According to a fundraiser posted on social media, the cause of the fire was electrical

  • Feb. 19, 2019 2:00 p.m.

—Kamloops this Week

Kamloops firefighters were called to Shuswap Road on Friday night to douse a trailer fire.

A fifth wheel parked outside a home in the 800-block of Shuswap Road, a few kilometres east of Sun Rivers, erupted in flames at about 6:30 p.m.

READ MORE: Bomb threats, gunfire, kidnapping: Drug war rocks Kamloops

Crews from three engines and a rescue truck managed to extinguish the flames in relatively short order.

No one was injured, but the couple living in the trailer lost their dog in the blaze.

According to a fundraiser posted on social media, the cause of the fire was electrical and the couple lost everything but the clothes on their backs.

The investigation is ongoing.

READ MORE: Alleged robbery turned kidnapping prompted Kelowna police presence

Click here to learn more about the fundraising efforts for the couple.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.