As proof that we have seen the back of winter, a primrose has been blooming for the past few days as it struggles back to life after winter. It is on the south facing side of a Bartlett Road home. (Photo courtesy of Brian Sutch)

Dust settles in Vernon

Air advisory from Saturday ends due to recent rain

Rain has settled the dusty conditions in Vernon.

The Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy, in collaboration with the Interior Health Authority, has ended the Dust Advisory issued on Saturday, March 10 for Vernon due to high concentrations of coarse particulates.

The first advisory was issued Monday, March 5. See related: Dust advisory issued. That advisory was lifted the following day.

“Changing weather conditions have contributed to improving air quality, and this is expected to continue over the next few days,” the ministry states.

More information on current air quality can be found at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/air-land-water/air

Dust should remain settled this week as Environment Canada is calling for showers.

The forecast for Thursday is increasing cloudiness early this evening with a 40 per cent chance of showers overnight.

There’s no rain in the forecast for Friday, just clouds. But there is a 60 per cent chance of showers Saturday and 40 per cent for Sunday.



jennifer@vernonmorningstar.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

WATCH: Coldstream producer treats neighbours to live music from safe distance

Neighbours practiced social distancing as Jeff Johnson played songs from his front steps

Sparkling Hill Resort donates produce to Vernon food bank, gloves to hospital

Operating manager says layoffs resulted in spare materials that are much needed amid COVID-19

Vernon woman baking for those in need amid COVID-19

Crystal Hedlund launched a GoFundMe page to generate funds for baking materials

Okanagan distillery hands out thousands of sanitizer bottles, needs help in COVID-19 fight

Okanagan Springs is donating hand sanitizer to help fill COVID-induced shortages

WATCH: Vernon neighbourhood holds COVID-19 cookware concert for solidarity

Residents came outside to clang pots and pans in a show of solidarity amid the coronavirus pandemic

B.C. is seeing the highest rate of COVID-19 recovery in Canada, and there’s a few reasons why

British Columbia was one of the first to see rise in COVID-19 cases, and has also switched up testing

No hesitation; two bystanders assist in South Okanagan house fire rescue

“I’d do it for anybody,” says Penticton man after assisting in house fire rescue

RCMP, firefighters rally in support for health care workers in Kelowna

Pandosy Street was packed with supporters Saturday night

Sewers stitch masks to free up supplies for front-line health-care workers

“We have little old ladies sewing up a storm,” said Joan Davis

Experts weigh in on best handling of groceries during COVID-19 pandemic

Study suggests the virus can live for up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to three days on plastic

COVID-19 world update: Enforceable quarantine in NYC?; France orders 1 billion masks

Spain warns EU’s future at stake; New York governor calls Trump’s idea ‘federal declaration of war

Earth Hour 2020 kicks off online Saturday night

Action moves online due to COVID-19

B.C. COVID-19 cases rise 92 to 884, one more death, 81 in care

Outbreak action underway in 12 long-term care homes

B.C. veterinarians want to smooth the fur of COVID-19-worried pet owners

Vets expect to continue giving your fur buddies the help they need while social distancing

Most Read