Firefighters couldn’t contend with flames roaring through a cabin in rural Lumby Tuesday evening.
The structure, one of several cabins on a lot in the 1100 block of Creighton Valley Road, is a complete loss.
“It was fully engulfed when we arrived,” said Lumby fire chief Tony Clayton, estimating the damage to be worth approximately $75,000.
Although the cabin couldn’t be saved, thankfully the occupant and a dog got out safely with no injuries.
Firefighters, with the help of the Lavington Fire Department, were also able to contain the blaze from spreading.
“It was creeping into the wildlands but we managed to get that out right away,” said Clayton, adding that there was also another cabin onsite approximately 50 feet away.
The blaze, which was reported shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday, is believed to be accidental.
“The owner did not have insurance, I’m not sure if the tenant had rental insurance.”