A quick response kept a vehicle fire from evolving into something more significant.
Vernon firefighters were called to the 1000 block of Windsor Place after receiving a report of a vehicle fire at 4:39 a.m. Sunday.
“The block heater was plugged in and there may have been a malfunction at the extension cord or with the block heater itself,” said Jack Blair, deputy chief with the department
“The fire is not suspicious, it’s accidental in nature.”
Once on scene, firefighters quickly knocked the fire down and kept it from spreading to the home although Blair said some siding on the house was damaged.