Lumby firefighters douse a fire in a home in the Trinity Valley Trailer Park late Sunday afternoon.

Lumby firefighters douse a fire in a home in the Trinity Valley Trailer Park late Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters tackle blaze in Lumby home

Fire forced a Lumby couple and their pets out from their home late Sunday afternoon.



Fire forced a Lumby couple and their pets out from their home late Sunday afternoon.

A fire broke out in the addition of a trailer in the Trinity Valley Trailer Park, in the 440 block of Mabel Lake Road.

Lumby fire chief Tony Clayton suspects the blaze was started from a wood stove being used to heat the trailer.

Damage was quickly contained by Lumby firefighters, but Clayton estimates the damage could amount up to $10,000.

“That’s probably high but it’s hard to say because he was renovating any way,” said Clayton.

Emergency Social Services was called in to put the couple up in a hotel for the evening while the smoke cleared. It was later determined that the couple could remain in the home.

“At least it’s still standing,” said homeowner Leo Lavallee, who does not have insurance on the addition of the trailer but suspects he can fix the damage for less than the chief suggested.