Home catches fire in Lumby trailer park

Small fire erupts in home in Trinity Valley Trailer Park



Fire forced a Lumby couple and their pets from their home Sunday afternoon.

A fire broke out in the addition of a trailer in the Trinity Valley Trailer Park, in the 440 block of Mabel Lake Road.

The fire was started from a woodstove in the home, said fire chief Tony Clayton.

Damage was quickly contained by Lumby firefighters, but Clayton estimates the damage to be in the $10,000 range. The couple was relocated to a hotel for the evening.

“At least it’s still standing,” said homeowner Leo Lavallee, who did not have insurance on the addition of the trailer.