Over the past couple of months five strong candidates have been working hard to earn the votes of B.C. Liberals in the Shuswap.
The hotly contested nomination will end Saturday with the new candidate set to be announced around 5 p.m.
The candidates include:
- Mel Arnold – operator of a successful marine and RV business in Salmon Arm for 23 years. Arnold served for nine years on the board of the BC Wildlife Federation, and was elected twice as president.
- Marty Bootsma – former Salmon Arm Mayor. Bootsma served on Salmon Arm city council for 12 years, six as mayor.
- Will Hansma – former five-term mayor of Spallumcheen. Hansma is also the owner of a local newspaper based in Armstrong.
- Greg Kyllo – Councillor and deputy mayor of the District of Sicamous. Kyllo is also an owner of Twin Anchors Marine Group, a successful company that employs 130 full-time staff and 60 seasonal employees.
- Jordan Ross – businessman with over 14 years of private sector experience. Ross is also a former vice-president of the Shuswap BC Liberal Riding Association.
The candidate selection meeting in Shuswap will take place Saturday at the Salmon Arm Community Centre. The candidates will each deliver a speech starting around 10 a.m. with voting wrapping up at 4 p.m.