Mounties release video of accused killer to jog memories

RCMP have released footage of Matthew Foerster, accused of killing an Armstrong teenager, hoping it will lead to more information...

In an attempt to jog memories about accused killer Matthew Foerster’s movements Oct. 31, 2011 Mounties have released photos and video footage they took following his arrest in Collingwood, Ont.

In the brief clip from April 5,  Foerster, 26, is in custody after a being brought back to B.C. via RCMP Air Services.

“Due to the recently released information regarding arrests made, investigators with the RCMP Southeast District Major Crimes Unit would like to hear from anyone who has not already spoken to investigators with information about any contact they had with Matthew Foerster on Halloween night 2011,” said Cpl Dan Moskaluk, in a release.

“With a release of his photo and recent video images today, we would like to hear from any other witnesses who may have information regarding that night.”

Investigators would like to establish a time line of his travels and activities from December 2011 up to the end of March 2012.

Foerster is charged with second degree murder relating the the Halloween death of Armstrong teenager Taylor Van Diest. She was found badly injured Oct. 31, 2011 on train tracks near her home by friends and family. She succumbed to her injuries later that night in Kelowna General Hospital.

In addition to second degree murder, Foerster faces charges stemming from an alleged attack at Kelowna’s Garden of Eden escort agency April 12, 2005 and an alleged Cherryville home invasion Oct. 19, 2004.

A specially created tip line has been established for this investigation. The number is 1-888-688-4264.

Foerster’s father, Stephen Roy Foerster, 58, of Cherryville, made his first appearance in Vernon Provincial Court Wednesday.

Stephen Foerster is charged with obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact in connection with the Van Diest homicide.

Stephen Foerster is remanded in custody and made his first appearance by video. His matter was put over for one week, and he will next appear in provincial court April 18.