Paper shredding sparks alarm

Fire sparked in Sarsons Road home Tuesday by paper shredder

  • Apr. 18, 2014 2:00 p.m.

Shredding paper had the alarm bells ringing.

Vernon firefighters responded to reports of a fire in the 100 block of Sarsons Road Tuesday at 4:18 p.m.

“The home’s occupant had been shredding some paper and while doing so, their shredder overheated and caught some of the shreddings on fire,” said Jack Blair, deputy fire chief.

When the fire department, arrived there was heavy smoke in the room of the home.

“The fire fighters removed the debris as it was still smoldering and they did a final extinguishment and ventilated the home for the owner.”