Information booths will be set up throughout the Greater Vernon area in preparation for the upcoming referendum on twinning Kal Tire Place taking place November 28.
“We want to provide as many ways for people to get information about the current condition of the Civic Arena, why the proposed site was selected for a new facility and what is included in the project,” said Doug Ross, director of recreation services.
“Information booths are being set up so that people see the conceptual drawings of the proposed facility, ask questions they may have, and get the answers they need to make an informed decision.”
Information on voting dates, locations and voter eligibility will be available. As well, booths will have background information including the Civic Arena engineering assessment report and the Civic Arena replacement feasibility study.
Civic Arena replacement referendum public information booths will be set up:
– Thursday, Nov. 12, Coldstream Hall council chambers, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
– Tuesday, Nov. 17, Halina Seniors Citizens Centre, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.;
– Tuesday, Nov. 17, BX Elementary School gym, 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
– Friday, Nov. 20, Vernon city hall council chambers, noon to 3 p.m.;
– Saturday, Nov. 21, Vernon Recreation Complex, west breakout room, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.;
– Monday, Nov. 23, Okanagan College room E102-103, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.;
– Tuesday, Nov. 24, Vernon Recreation Complex, west breakout room, 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
– Wednesday, Nov. 25, Schubert Centre, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.;
– Wednesday, Nov. 25, Kal Tire Place, grand room, 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
– Thursday, Nov. 26, Kal Tire Place, grand room, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Public Information Booths will also be set up at the following events:
– Friday, Nov. 13, Kal Tire Place, Snow Show, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.;
– Wednesday, Nov. 18, Kal Tire Place, Vernon Vipers game, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.;
– Saturday, Nov. 21, Kal Tire Place, Craft Show, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.;
– Sunday, Nov. 22, Kal Tire Place, Vernon Vipers game, 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.