BX-Swan Lake firefighters tackle a shed fire in the 8400 block of Silver Star Road Wednesday afternoon.

BX-Swan Lake firefighters tackle a shed fire in the 8400 block of Silver Star Road Wednesday afternoon.

Shed destroyed by fire

Structure full of cedar shakes burns to the ground up Silver Star Road



One spark is all it took to burn a structure full of cedar shakes to the ground Thursday.

A storage shed in the 8400 block of Silver Star Road (past the Foothills) was fully involved when firefighters arrived on scene, after receiving the call at 2:30 p.m.

BX-Swan Lake Fire Chief Bill Wacey says the blaze was accidental.

“A gentleman was attempting to start a generator and something sparked,” said Wacey, noting that the man got out of the shed safely.

The 14-by-14 foot shed housed cedar shakes, for roofing, and also contained another concerning ignition source.

“We had a couple of containers full of fuel, an oil and gas mixture, which created a bit of issues,” said Wacey.

Firefighters were unable to save the shed, now a pile of charred remains, but contained the blaze from spreading to the nearby home and other storage facilities on site.