Two people were sent to hospital following a Tuesday morning fire at a Spallumcheen poultry farm.
Vernon North Okanagan RCMP were called to assist the Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department for a fire that broke out just before 11 a.m. in the 4700 block of Mcleery Road.
A shed on the property was engulfed in flames. The fire was quickly extinguished, however, not before two employees of the farm received moderate burns to their bodies.
Two employees of the farm sustained injuries as a result of the fire and were transported to the nearest medical facility, with one being airlifted out by the BC Ambulance Service, said RCMP spokesperson Const. Kelly Brett.
— Vernon North Okanagan RCMP (@VernonNOkRCMP) May 14, 2019
Fire investigators remain on scene, however, there is no indication that the fire is suspicious at this time and may have been caused by a propane powered pressure washer being used by farm staff, shortly before the fire broke out. .
No animals were injured as a result of the fire.
It’s the second time in three days the Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department put out a shed fire.
A single mom of four lost a lot of personal and sports items when three sheds and a fifth-wheel trailer caught fire Sunday morning on Schubert Road.