Spallumcheen has activated an emergency operations centre as it deals with high water.
The centre is located at the municipal office at 4144 Spallumcheen Way.
“The township is managing localized flooding mitigation,” said Cindy Graves, deputy corporate officer.
Closed and resident traffic only roads include:
• Powerhouse Road (resident traffic only)
• Demorest Road (closed)
• Stepney Road (closed – resident traffic only)
• Eagle Rock Road (resident traffic only & re-assessed daily)
• Mountain View Road (resident traffic only & re-assessed daily)
Further Assessment Areas:
• Otter Lake Cross Road (re-assessed daily)
• Hullcar Road (re-assessed daily)
• Knob Hill Road (re-assessed daily)
“Anyone who is concerned that water is threatening a structure on their property due to overflowing ditches should contact the municipal office at 250-546-3013,” said Graves.
“If water is not a threat to structures, the township requests that residents wait for water to naturally dissipate as
resources are limited.
Sandbags are available, at no cost, for self-filling at the public works yard at 1511 Eagle Rock Rd. and Sidney Park in the McLeod Subdivision (bring your own shovel).