The Ukrainian Canadian Congress Thompson Okanagan branch invites all newcomers from Ukraine and hosts to an educational and information meeting today, Sunday, Sept. 11 at 1 p.m. at the Eagles Hall.
This meeting will be moderated and include a panel of local representatives including the Ukrainian Canadian Congress and Vernon and District Immigrant Services Society. Translation in Ukrainian or Russian will also be provided.
There will be a variety of settlement topics covered during the meeting including (but not limited to):
1. Government financial aid;
2. Housing crisis – long-term housing;
3. Day care;
4. Work permits;
5. BC Medical/Dental Association (free services);
6. Driver’s license issues;
7. United Way BC211 program;
8. Human trafficking issue;
9. Disabilities – hardship funding;
11. Legal services – Ukrainian lawyers pro bono;
12. Ukrainian language program;
13. English language program;
14. School registration/study permits issues;
16. Secondary CUAETS coordinator Vernon Ukrainian program;
17. Ukrainian cultural centre/events/support groups.
A question-and-answer will be provided following the CUAET VISA program overview and remarks by Vernon Immigration.
For more information on this educational meeting please contact:
Andrea Malysh, President, UCC TO, 250-309-6948;