Vernon Fire Rescue Services extinguish blaze on Kal Lake Road

Fire started when man working on old motorhome cut a propane line; man suffered burns to face but was treated on-scene

Vernon Fire Rescue Services helped extinguish a fire at an industrial lot on Kal Lake Road Saturday afternoon. The fire started when a man working on cuttiing up an old motor home cut a propane line. The man suffered burns to his face but was treated on-scene.

Vernon Fire Rescue Services helped extinguish a fire at an industrial lot on Kal Lake Road Saturday afternoon. The fire started when a man working on cuttiing up an old motor home cut a propane line. The man suffered burns to his face but was treated on-scene.

Vernon Fire Rescue Services were called to a fire at an industrial lot on Kal Lake Road Saturday just after 3 p.m.

Deputy fire chief Lawrie Skolrood said the fire started when a man cutting apart an old motorhome on the site cut a propane line he didn’t know was there.

“The man suffered some burns to the face but he was treated on-scene,” said Skolrood.