Support staff in School District 22 schools will see wage increases in July as a deal has been struck with the province and local unions.
SD 22 is one of 25 districts to ratify an agreement that will see two per cent general wage increases annually and improvements to service delivery for K-12 support staff.
The three-year agreement will stand from July 1 through to June 30, 2022, and focuses on improving services for people, while ensuring fair and affordable compensation, the report from the finance ministry reads.
With the addition of these 25 agreements from across the province, approximately 73 per cent of K-12 support staff employees, or 53 of 69 agreements have been settled under the province’s public-sector bargaining mandate.
Other negotiated improvements in the ratified agreement for SD 22 include:
- Improvement around language in collective agreement
- Professional development fund
- Renewed funding to maintain present working hours for education assistants
- Improved language in collective agreement for safer working conditions
- Enhanced education and training opportunities
- Unpaid discretionary days
- Secured funding for additional curricular field trips, providing assistance to schools in funding and additional work for bus drivers
- 3 year term with two per cent wage increase annually