Efforts have been taken Thursday to ensure Lumby residents are warm while natural gas is unavailable.
Natural gas had to be turned off while a break is repaired in Lavington.
Upon the advice of North Okanagan Emergency Management, a heating room has been set up at the White Valley Community Hall (2250 Shields Ave.) for residents who are concerned about their safety as a result of the outage.
Residents can access the heating room by contacting 547-2160.
A temporary service outage notice has been posted to the Fortis website at www.fortisbc.com.
Residents are encouraged to visit the FortisBC website to review this information or contact 1-877-711-8877 or 1-800-224-2710.