Water and sewer infrastructure is getting a boost in the North Okanagan
Federal and provincial funding is being directed towards five projects in Lumby, Coldstream and Vernon.
“Safe and reliable drinking water and wastewater systems are essential infrastructure for all communities in our province,” said Peter Fassbender, community development minister.
The local projects receiving funding are:
* $5,810,000 for Duteau Creek water treatment plant UV disinfection addition
* $3,058,550 for Okanagan Landing sewer extension in Vernon
* $107,900 for Coldstream sewer line extension
* $200,176 for a groundwater supply evaluation and monitoring well construction in Lumby
* $198,477 for long-term sewer treatment plant upgrades in Lumby