Cheryl Beauregard passed away peacefully on Tuesday, Feb.24th 2009 at the Vernon Hospice at the age of 62 after a courageous struggle with cancer. Her departure happened on shrove or pancake Tuesday a traditional day of celebration and feasting before Lent. She was surrounded by a supportive circle of friends and family.
Cheryl’s love of life shined in her appreciation of nature, travel, and helping others. Her incredible generosity and kindness were shared with all those she met along the way. Her passion for life and beautiful energy will be carried in our hearts always. She was a wife, mother, grandmother and grass roots educator for social change. There will be no funeral services for Cheryl. The family asks that you commit a random act of kindness in her memory or plant something in your garden. Instead of sending flowers, please make a donation to the Vernon Hospice Society for the invaluable service they provide: North Okanagan Hospice Society 3506-27th Avenue, Vernon, B.C. V1T 1S4. 250-503-1800.
Cheryl’s notes on 25 random things about me:
1. The sound of laughter is like a bubbling creek.
2. The smell of curry is delicious,
3. The morning sun creates a spectacular pattern on the water
4. Peace is something that challenges our lives.
5. Love is a many-splendored thing.
6. The air is frequently filled with music and it causes the world to dance.
7. We are blessed to have all forms of animal life around us as humans.
8. Children are the source of eternal joy.
9. Some spiritual quests is always possible.
10. I love the sounds of all kinds of water running and frozen.
11. Light is an incredible gift.
12. Have you ever heard the mist sleeping on a flower?
13. Isn’t it a gift to be with family and friends?
14. I can hear the mountains talking.
15. The warmth of a child’s smile is everlasting.
16. Do sound and light intermingle?
17. It would be fun to celebrate life every moment.
18. Does the sun speak to everyone?
19. It’s wonderful to be blessed with a state of grace.
20. A wonderful greeting for All My Relations.
21. Explore all that is possible.
22. Calm your mind and your soul daily.
23. Don’t forget to laugh.
24. Find beauty in the simplest things.
25. Share the laughter and share life.