At Simply Spark Joy, we support our family and friends spending their time at home however serves them best. This difficult situation is not the right time to accomplish goals if they do not serve you. Instead, we have been challenging ourselves and our loved ones to do something small each day that brings them joy. Some days this form of self-care might be as simple as lighting a candle or making your bed. Other days, you may feel inspired to use some of your time to care for your home.
We have put together the following list of happy, easy projects that will help you thank your home for keeping you safe:
- Sort through your coffee mugs. You have probably noticed that you and your family members have favourite mugs. If there are a few that never leave the back of the cupboard, consider if they spark joy for anyone in your family. If not, it might be time to donate them!
- Tidy and fold your cozy, wear at home clothing. Since you are likely wearing these items a bit more than usual, it is a great time to consider what items truly make you comfortable.
- Tackle small organization projects. Pick a small spot in your home and go through it to see which items are still useful or spark joy for you and your family. Some easy items to sort through are your socks, pens and pencils, nail polishes, and Tupperware containers.
- Practice the KonMari Method folding techniques in one of your categories. Perhaps your jeans would like to be folded or your everyday tea towels.
View this post on Instagram
As we practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, many of us are spending more time at home – perhaps wondering how to keep our spaces tidy, manage crowded quarters and spark joy during uncertain times. We are here to help in any way we can. Comment below to share what you’d like to see from us – tidy tips, home organization projects, joyful moments, Q&As, etc.! And, above all, let's support one another.💗 – – – – – #konmari #mykonmari #mariekondo #sparkjoy #choosejoy #lifechangingmagic #ideallifestyle #konmarilife #konmarifold #towels #handtowels #tidytips #tidyadvice #advice #folding #fold #timelapse #howto #lifestyleinspo #lifestyleguide #linens #bathessentials #storagesolutions #shopnow #collectivelycreate #visualsgang
- Check for expiry dates. Whether it’s your fridge, pantry, or makeup drawer, checking for items that have expired and disposing of them is a simple way to remove clutter and make room in your home.
- If you’re feeling extra ambitious, pick a cleaning project that you can tackle in an hour or less! Cleaning your oven, the back of a closet or even a window can help you pass some time and show your home some TLC.
These happy, easy projects are also a great place to start If you are finding yourself feeling overwhelmed with your home right now. If you start with these ideas and want more, feel free to pick up The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, even if it’s for the second time, and see if you can find a little extra motivation. If you have any questions or need a little help, please feel free to reach out to Simply Spark Joy for a quick virtual chat!
READ MORE: Spark Joy: A tidy kitchen
READ MORE: Spark Joy: The art of giving and receiving
READ MORE: Spark Joy: A goodnight’s sleep
Who are Wendy and Barb?
After assisting each other with complete home tidies, they jumped at the opportunity to attend the San Francisco KonMari training seminars in December 2016. They spent three days with amazing like minded participants sharing the same tidying passion and feel so fortunate to have been in the presence of Marie Kondo. This inspiration motivated them to complete the KonMari Certification Process over the next ten months.
They currently both live in the sunny Okanagan in beautiful British Columbia, Canada otherwise known as “wine country”. Their families support them in this tidying craze and are excited to see them be their true selves.
Barb Haymour: email@example.com
Wendy Chamberlain: firstname.lastname@example.org