With the junior open playdown finished, the field is now complete for the 2019 BC Junior Curling Championships.
The open playdown took place at Ashcroft Curling Club over the weekend of Dec. 7 to 9 and determined the final three junior men’s berths.
The A event was won by Duncan and Parksville’s Team Marshall (Jackson Marshall, Mack Ellis, Troy Cowan, Duncan Gallop), the B event was won by Kamloops’ Team Yamada (Bryan Yamada, Daniel Griffiths, Nolan Bottineau, Zander Landygo), and the C event was won by Victoria and Vancouver’s Team Silversides (Duncan Silversides, Derek Chandler, Scott Wilson, Zane Bartlett, Dawson Wikkerink).
The final two junior women’s berths were also determined through the open playdown. With just two teams registering for the playdown, both teams will progress to the BC Junior Women’s Championship. The two teams are Kamloops’ Team Hafeli (Holly Hafeli, Hannah O’Neil, Jorja Kopytko, Natalie Hafeli) and Juan de Fuca and Victoria’s Team Wilson (Kayla Wilson, Hannah Durrant, Sasha Wilson, Bella Higdon).
The complete list of teams that have qualified for the BC Junior Men’s Curling Championship is as follows:
– Team Tardi (BC Junior Curling Tour)
– Team Carpenter (BC Junior Curling Tour)
– Team Sato (Coastal playdown)
– Team Umbach (Coastal playdown)
– Team Colwell (Thompson Okanagan playdown)
– Team Marshall (open playdown)
– Team Yamada (open playdown)
– Team Silversides (open playdown)
The complete list of teams that have qualified for the BC Junior Women’s Curling Championship is as follows:
– Team Daniels (BC Junior Curling Tour)
– Team Reese-Hansen (BC Junior Curling Tour)
– Team Drexel (Coastal playdown)
– Team Taylor (Coastal playdown)
– Team McGillivray (Thompson Okanagan playdown)
– Team Guidos (Northern playdown)
– Team Hafeli (open playdown)
– Team Wilson (open playdown)
The 2019 BC Junior Curling Championships will be taking place from Dec. 27 to Jan. 1 at Vernon Curling Club. Live scoring during the event will be available at http://playdowns.curlbc.ca
To report a typo, email: email@example.com.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter