North Enderby Timber forward Dexter James hurdles over Davidson & Co. Dynamite keeper Bryndon Buckham in North Okanagan Soccer League playoff action Sunday night at Marshall field.

North Enderby Timber forward Dexter James hurdles over Davidson & Co. Dynamite keeper Bryndon Buckham in North Okanagan Soccer League playoff action Sunday night at Marshall field.

Timbermen eliminate Dynamite

Vernon's NET and Turn-Key Controls through to North Okanagan Soccer League semifinals.

Only two of Vernon’s five entries in the North Okanagan Soccer League playoffs survived the opening quarterfinal round Sunday night.

Top-seeded North Enderby Timber trimmed No. 8 Davidson & Co. Dynamite 5-1 on Marshall Field #4; No. 2 Salmon Arm Courvas shaded No. 7 Monashee Surveying 5-4 on Little Mountain Field #1; No. 3 Turn-Key Controls slammed No. 6 Hi-Pro Sportswear Camels 4-0 on Marshall #2; and No. 5 Nation of Domination Eagle Homes of Salmon Arm upended No. 4 Revelstoke Stallions 2-0 in Revelstoke.

Semifinals go tonight, with NET taking on Eagle Homes, 6:30 on Marshall #2, and Courvas entertaining Turn-Key on Little Mountain #1 in Salmon Arm.

NET trailed 1-0 at the half after a misplayed pass from the Timber defense allowed the Dynamite’s Moe Singogo to go in alone on a breakaway.

Davidson goaltender Bryndon Buckham had an outstanding half, which included a penalty shot save, to keep his team in front.

After an aggressive halftime speech from coach John Farina, NET equalized in the opening minute when Dexter James converted a through ball from Brent Poulsen.

Sean Lister converted the rebound off another penalty after Buckham made the first save.

In the 66th minute, James hammered a volley after a gorgeous pass from Ross MacDonald, and in the 85th minute, Brodie Couch curled a sweet ball to the far post to make it 4-1. Harminder Sandhu set up the tally with some nice work in tight quarters before dishing to Couch.

MacDonald struck the final blow in the 90th minute by unloading a one-timer through a crowd on a corner delivered by Colby Buckham.

Nolan’s Pharmasave Man of the Match Andrew Pool collected a hat trick to power the Turn-Key offence past the humpbacks.

Turn-Key pressured the Camels from the start, and opened the scoring early in the first half when Brendan Love converted a scramble past busy Camels’ keeper Sean Campbell.

Campbell made many great saves, but Pool converted a pass from the wing from Chris Jahnig for the 2-0 goal. Pool added to the lead when he ran onto a perfectly placed free kick from Evan Moore before halftime.

After the break, Preston Tucker blasted a 25-yarder off the crossbar, and Pool converted the rebound.

Nathan Tucker filled in admirably for regular goaltender Jeremy Kler, making a fantastic late save to preserve his shutout.

The Camels, missing several key players, had strong play from Campbell, defender Keenan Jespersen, midfielder Bryan Schenker and striker Ben Osborn.

Monashee boys took early advantage against the understaffed Courvas as Tyler Johnson pocketed his first of the year on a one-bounce volley that tucked under the bar.

The Surveyors continued to play smart soccer until the rest of the Courvas crew showed up and scored twice to take the lead.

Johnson doubled his year’s goal output by pushing home a bobbled ball by the Courvas’ keeper.

Tied at halftime, Courvas converted at the 52nd and 59th minute, only to have Monashee’s Devon Merroit win a one-on-one battle and pull his team within one.

Salmon Arm went up 5-3, and Alberto Lopez capped with scoring, twisting and turning his way for a goal, short side.

Monashee gave a big shout out to their players, friends and family, and especially to leader Eric Nolting, who made the trip to watch his Army.