Devon Marriott of Monashee Surveying (right) lunges for the ball against Tyler Loose of North Enderby Timber Wednesday night at Marshall Field.

Devon Marriott of Monashee Surveying (right) lunges for the ball against Tyler Loose of North Enderby Timber Wednesday night at Marshall Field.

Timbermen trim Monashee

North Enderby Timber shuts down Monashee Surveying 4-0 in North Okanagan Soccer League play Wednesday at Marshall Field #2.

North Enderby Timber and Monashee Surveying renewed their heated rivalry Wednesday night with the Timber posting a 4-0 victory at Marshall Field #2.

Yellow cards flowed earlier and often as both teams battled hard all night with referee Pete Solymosi keeping things in order.

Harminder Sandhu sent in “” Man of the Match Evan Frederick, who outworked a Monashee defender to the ball and calmly placed it over newbie keeper Travis Baerg at 15 minutes.

North Enderby (9-3-1) kept up the pressure when Tyler Loose ran through the midfield and fed Frederick, whose shot was stopped, but Loose tapped in the rebound.

Frederick picked up his second of the night after Andy Stein sent Brent Poulsen in on a breakaway. Poulsen was stopped on a diving save by Baerg, but Frederick knocked in the rebound.

The only goal in the second half saw Poulsen capitalize on a miscue header from the Monashee defence and bury a breakaway in the 70th minute.

Youngster Greg Poggemoeller was a standout on the second-place NET back line, snubbing the pesky Alberto Lopez on numerous chances. Danny Stein picked up his second shutout in a row. Monashee is 5-6-1.

Hi-Pro Sportswear Camels FC ambushed the Salmon Arm Outlaws 8-0 at Marshall #5 to stay two points behind NET.

Mo Singogo (Sleeman’s Man of the Match) and Albert Goldnik each scored twice for the Humpbacks (8-4-2).

Ben Osborne and Goldnik scored the highlight goals of the night, both 18-yard scorchers to the top right corner.

Fabrice Fanfani and Enzo Paal, both on penalty kicks, and Keenan Jespersen, rounded out the Camels’ attack.

Keeper Ryan Campbell relied on Tim Hortons double-doubles to keep awake in goal for the shutout. The Outlaws dropped to 0-12.

Turn-Key Controls made the trip to Revelstoke with 12 men, lost forward Conan Ackert to an injury in the game’s opening minutes, but managed to come home with three points in a 2-1 win over the Stallions.

The two squads played a highly physical and scoreless first half that saw plenty of hard tackles. Defender Carson Haywood-Farmer made the Total Restoration Save of the Game, making a right toe stop on the goal line for keeper Jeremy Kler.

The second half saw Turn-Key come out and play a little more possession, and were rewarded when Nolan’s Pharmasave Man of the Match Andrew Pool placed a world-class strike from 25 yards that dipped under the crossbar and behind the keeper for the lead.

Pool added to the lead shortly after, this time from 30 yards, on a similar strike that found the keeper off his line.

Revelstoke responded with 10 minutes remaining on a strong counterattack, but were unable to generate an equalizer as the  8-4-1 Turn-Key defence kept the attack to the outside.

Peters Tirecraft/Concept Physio brushed back the Vernon Riot FC 3-2 at Marshall #4.

The Riot went up 1-0 from the penalty spot on a hand ball call in the 18.

Brock Reim deked through the defence and buried one to level the score, but the Riot came back and squeaked one inside the post to go up 2-1.

Andrew Vanderham fired a laser late in the first half to tie it at 2-2, and Riley Strother buried a loose ball late in the second half after Justin Mitchell’s blast was blocked on a diving save. Both teams are 2-9-2.