A 7-Eleven in Vernon was briefly evacuated when a heater started smoking. (Brieanna Charlebois/Vernon Morning Star)

7-Eleven evacuated after smoke billows from bathroom

Heater in bathroom caused smoke, scene now clear.

Update: 7 a.m. Thursday

The 7-Eleven at 35 Avenue and 32 Street was evacuated after smoke billowed from the building early Thursday morning.

Vernon fire crews said a heater in the bathroom caused the smoke.

Two fire crews were called to scene around 6:30 a.m. May 2. RCMP also responded to the scene.

Crews cleared the scene around 7 a.m.

To report a typo, email:
newstips@vernonmorningstar.com
.



Follow me on Twitter @BrieChar
Email me brieanna.charlebois@vernonmorningstar.com
Like us on Facebook.

Just Posted

Tolko Armstrong taking two weeks downtime

Vernon-based company tells employees mill will take downtime May 27 and June 3

More campsites coming to Vernon and beyond

Province announced half of the new spots to 13 most popular provincial parks

North Okangan MP welcomes plan to fight human trafficking

Mel Arnold applauds Conservative plan for A Safer Canada

Okanagan elementary schools help Chinook salmon

Kingfisher is hosting a series of field trips to release the school-raised salmon

Music and comedy event benefit Vernon woman’s cancer battle

Fundraiser for Sue Folliott Sunday, May 26 at The Kal

Federal tourism minister announces new national strategy in Armstrong

Mélanie Joly announced funding available for rural communities and other parts of the new strategy

Summerland students to raise voices in public speech competition

Public speaking component is included in high school English program

CMHC defends mortgage stress test changes amid calls for loosening rules

Uninsured borrowers must now show they could service their mortgage if rates rose two per cent

B.C. woman left ‘black and blue’ after being pushed off 40-foot cliff at lake

West Shore RCMP looking for witnesses as investigation continues

Children learn for free at Vernon library

Reading, puppet shows, prizes and more

UPDATE: Residents asked to manage attractants after bear sighting at Salmon Arm school

Conservation Officer says people need to change behaviours to avoid destruction of bears

VIDEO: Suspected arson sends five to Abbotsford hospital with smoke inhalation

Man seen throwing flammable substance in van, lighting it on fire next to home

Garden Tour fundraiser running out of Vernon gardens

The 17th Annual People Place Garden Tour is Saturday, June 8 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Most Read