Investigators sift through the charred remains of the driving range hut at Vernon Golf and Country Club following an early morning fire overnight Thursday, July 30. (Jennifer Smith - Morning Star)

Investigators sift through the charred remains of the driving range hut at Vernon Golf and Country Club following an early morning fire overnight Thursday, July 30. (Jennifer Smith - Morning Star)

UPDATE: Suspicion ruled out in Vernon golf course fire

Blaze causes significant damage to driving range hut

UPDATE Aug. 6:

A blaze that caused significant damage at the Vernon Golf and Country Club last week is not deemed suspicious.

Vernon Fire Rescue Services was called to the fire at 2:25 a.m. Thursday, July 30 in the driving range hut.

Fire investigator spent much of the day sifting through the blackened remains in the pump house and determined it was caused by a short in an electrical box.

The damage is estimated to total $45,000.

……………………………………..

ORIGINAL July 30:

A fire broke out at the Vernon Golf and Country Club in the early hours of Thursday, July 30. The blaze caused significant damage to the driving range hut across the creek from the clubhouse.

“The walls are still standing,” general manager Julie Knobloch said as investigators sifted through the blackened remains Thursday to try and determine a cause.

Vernon Fire Rescue Services was called to the fire at 2:25 a.m. and continue to investigate the fire.

READ MORE: Fire destroys Lumby home

READ MORE: Third theft in a month from Lake Country business


@VernonNews
jennifer@vernonmorningstar.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

fireRCMP